Participating in the programming competition
Students are entitled to participate in the programming competition for university colleges in case of:
- The student attains the following general conditions:
- To be a university student in one of the Syrian universities.
- That they have not participated in the World Final more than twice.
- Have not participated in the regional final more than five times.
B. The student attains one of the following conditions, in addition to the following general conditions:
- The student has started his / her university studies four years
prior to the current year of the competition which they participates in.
- The student should be under 24 years of age.
- The team consists of three students.
- During the competition, the participating teams will be given five
hours to solve a range of problems ranging from 8 to 12 problem. The
teams deliver the solutions in the form of a written executable program
in one of the following programming languages:
- Each team is allocated one computer only, and the
participating teams are asked to solve as many problems as possible, and
hence the teamwork and coordination between the team members should be
used to invest the time of the competition in a most optimized manner.
- When the team can solve the problem, the solution is sent to a
server that has an automated program. The program evaluates the sent
solution under the supervision of the jury. When the solution is
satisfying within the specified period of time, the result of the
problem is accepted.
- The team is ranked first if it can solve the largest number of
problems in the shortest possible time and the minimum number of wrong
attempts, and according to this strategy the competing teams are
arranged. 21 minutes are added to each wrong attempt and this is added
to the total time required to deliver solutions in the competition.
- The computers of the teams are equipped on two levels: the hardware level and the software level
Processor: Intel i7-3720QM (3.6Ghz)
Memory: 16 GB
Flat screen: 23in wide, 1920x1080 Native Resolution
Operating System: Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS Linux
Text editor: vi / vim, gvim, emacs, gedit
Integrated Development Environment (IDE): Eclipse, Netbeans
Compilers: JDK 1.7, C / C ++ GCC 4.6.3